A dental emergency is any time you are having pain, swelling, or trauma to the teeth or jaw. Some common types of dental emergencies include:
- Knocked out, avulsed, or displaced teeth
- Acute dental infections and abscessed teeth causing swelling and/or tooth pain
- Broken or chipped teeth, fillings, crowns, bridges or dentures
- Crowns or fillings that are missing or have fallen out
- Dental complications related to falls, surgery, car accidents, or other trauma to the teeth and mouth
- Severe jaw pain, TMJ Disorder related pain
For many dental emergencies, it is best to get an appointment the day the trauma or pain occurs so that you can be evaluated. In some cases, an immediate appointment is not necessary and can wait a few days. If you have any concerns, call our office and our friendly receptionists can help to answer your questions and determine the best time for an evaluation.