How can we help you?
Here are some common questions we hear from our patients. If you don't find your answer here, call, text or email our office as we are always happy to help.
Tooth Colored Fillings (Composites)
A filling can last anywhere from 2-50 years, with an average life of 8 years.
How long your filling will last is affected by many factors such as:
- Acidity and flow of your saliva
- Bacteria count
- The anatomy and strength of your tooth
- Size of the filling and cavity
- Habits like tooth grinding and ice chewing
- Occlusion (how your teeth come together)
- Homecare (How well and how often your brush and floss your teeth)